Monday, June 1, 2009

Projector vs. Laptop

Not that I want this blog to turn into a theater only blog, but since I have a big part of my life take place in a theater, I guess it will take up a big part of my thoughts. I had a moment over the weekend that actually left me speechless and motionless. We had a group using the theater for speech and we came in to get everything set up. The speaker brought his own Mac Book to run the slide show and hooked into our projector. Everything was working fine, but he asked me to enlarge the image to fit the screen better.

"No problem!" I started to adjust the image....CRASH!!!....

My head snapped around to look at my colleague. The look of shock was apparently VERY funny. The threads let go and the projector came crashing down out of the ceiling mount. The other issue was that the laptop was sitting directly under the projector. It crushed the monitor on the laptop.

The presenter could not have been more understanding, which I can't tell you how much I appreciated. The discussion quickly changed to how we could still run the presentation and we started on time (with a new laptop and projector).

Not the way I wanted my Saturday to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment